Sunday 8 May 2011

Review: Nightshade by Andrea Cremer



Calla Tor has always known her destiny:

After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything-- including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?





Okay, I had a hard time getting through this book. A REALLY hard time. The biggest problem for me was the constant touching and bodily reactions. Yeah, it's supposed to be electric when you touch someone you love, but in this case it seemed to be mostly lust. Calla is 17, just like me. I have felt the electric feeling too, but I felt that with her it got a little ridiculous. There was a little while where she couldn't meet up with Ren or Shay without being overcome by her senses, and to me she came off a bit pathetic because of it. At one point I couldn't pick up the book for a few days.

This weekend I picked up the book to get it over with, but I found myself enjoying it. Once Calla and Shay came to realize the truth about the Keeper's secrets, things got much more interesting. They focused on what had to be done, and though about half of  it was about Calla's love life, I liked it because it was based on pure love, and not lust. I really enjoyed the ending, and I'm REALLY glad I decided to finish it. Now, I'm actually excited for the next one, which I will be reading sometime soon, I hope. A lot of other people enjoyed it, and I would DEFINITELY suggest this book for anyone to read, especially if you like romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment